Buy Amobarbital online | Amobarbital for sale | amobarbital sodium Near Me
Amobarbital is a barbiturate derivative used for the induction of sedation during procedures, short-term management of insomnia, and acute management of refractory tonic-clonic seizures. Buy Amobarbital Sodium
Generic Nam eAmobarbitalDrugBank Accession NumberDB01351Background
A barbiturate with hypnotic and sedative properties (but not antianxiety). Adverse effects are mainly a consequence of dose-related CNS depression and the risk of dependence with continued use is high. (From Martindale, The Extra Pharmacopoeia, 30th ed, p565) Buy Amobarbital Sodium
TypeSmall MoleculeGroupsApproved, IllicitStructure
- Average: 226.2722
- Chemical Formula
Amobarbital (like all barbiturates) works by binding to the GABAA receptor at either the alpha or the beta sub unit. These are binding sites that are distinct from GABA itself and also distinct from the benzodiazepine binding site. Like benzodiazepines, barbiturates potentiate the effect of GABA at this receptor. This GABAA receptor binding decreases input resistance, depresses burst and tonic firing, especially in ventrobasal and intralaminar neurons, while at the same time increasing burst duration and mean conductance at individual chloride channels; this increases both the amplitude and decay time of inhibitory postsynaptic currents. In addition to this GABA-ergic effect, barbiturates also block the AMPA receptor, a subtype of glutamate receptor. Glutamate is the principal excitatory neurotransmitter in the mammalian CNS. When Buy Amobarbital online also appears to bind neuronal nicotinic acetylcholine receptors. Buy Amobarbital Sodium
Trade Names/Brand Names of Amobarbital
Why is Amobarbital Prescribed? (Indications)
This medication is a barbiturate derivative, prescribed for anxiety, insomnia and induction of preanesthetic sedation. It alters cerebellar function and produces drowsiness, sedation and hypnosis
When should Amobarbital not to be taken? (Contraindications)
Contraindicated in patients with history of acute or chronic pain, respiratory disease, severe liver impairment, porphyria and hypersensitivity.
What is the dosage of Amobarbital?
Insomnia- Adults – PO/IM/IV 65 to 200 mg at bedtime.
Sedation- Adults – PO/IM/IV 30 to 50 mg twice daily or 3 times daily.
Children – PO/IM 2 to 6 mg/kg/dose.
How should Amobarbital be taken?
It comes as a solution for injection to be administered by a healthcare provider into the vein or large muscle.
What are the warnings and precautions for Amobarbital?
• Caution should be exercised in patients with history of liver or kidney disease, any allergy, who are taking other medications, elderly, children, during pregnancy and breastfeeding.
• Avoid long-term use of this medication; otherwise patient may get addicted to this drug.
• Avoid rapid administration; otherwise it may lead to breathing problem.
• Avoid alcohol consumption.
What are the side effects of Amobarbital?
• Heart : Slow heart rate, low blood pressure and fainting.
• Central Nervous System : Drowsiness, agitation, confusion, headache, in coordination, CNS depression, excitement, abnormal dreams, mental disturbances, hallucinations, sleeplessness and dizziness.
• Gastrointestinal : Nausea, vomiting and constipation.
• Blood : Blood disorders.
• Liver : Liver damage.
• Respiratory : Shortness of breath, difficulty in breathing and asthma.
• Miscellaneous : Hypersensitivity reactions (eg, swelling, rashes, exfoliative dermatitis), fever and injection site reactions (eg, local pain, thrombophlebitis).
What are the other precautions for Amobarbital?
Avoid excess dosage.
What are the storage conditions for Amobarbital?
Store it at controlled room temperature (15° to 30°C), and in an airtight container. Keep away from children.